Microtopping Concrete Floor Miami, FL: Bridging the Gap Between Damaged and Dazzling Concrete Surfaces
Concrete is a durable material but there are unavoidable elements and instances that could incur damage. Decorative concrete applications have made it possible to restore concrete slabs, giving it a new form and renewed function. But before all the magic can happen, something has to be done on that old concrete surface, right? That is what Microtopping is for.
What is Microtopping?
A microtopping is a thin layer of cementitious material that is installed on top of a concrete surface to cover cracks, holes, discoloration, and other surface damage. It is installed using a trowel to create a blank canvas for different decorative concrete applications. It can be applied to a smooth surface and can also be textured for a decorative and non-skid effect.
Uses of a Microtopping
Microtopping is a versatile overlay. It can be used in almost any type of concrete surface in residential, commercial, and industrial properties. It can be used in various functions, including:
- Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Staining
- Polished Concrete
- And more
Benefits of Microtopping
Before a concrete slab can be revamped with a new look and improved function, it must first be topped with a thin layer of new material. This will create a blank canvas that you could work on with decorative concrete enhancements, such as stamping, engraving, staining, and more. Here are notable reasons why Microtopping is highly recommended:
- Easy to Install – Installing a microtopping only requires a trowel. No equipment or special tools needed. It is, however, advisable to have a pro install it to ensure proper preparation, mixing, and leveling.
- Bonds Well to Concrete – Microtopping is a cementitious material that is designed to bond well to concrete. If properly installed, it won’t peel, flake, or chip off.
- Covers Cracks, Dents, and Holes – Aside from giving the slab a new surface, it also acts as a filler, filling up any crack or dent on the surface of the slab. For bigger and deeper cracks, a real filling agent must be used to prevent future issues.
- Can be Enhanced – A microtopping can be molded, shaped, and colored in many different ways to customize the look of any room or outdoor space. It can be stamped, stained, broadcasted with paint chips, and more.
- Resistant to Harsh Elements – It is designed to stay intact and durable despite outdoor weather changes, heavy foot traffic, long exposure to UV rays, and even de-icing salts.
- Safe for the Environment – A microtopping is formulated with water as a basis and it does not contain harsh chemicals and
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Cleaning a concrete space with a microtopping is fairly easy. You can use a broom to remove loose dirt and debris. For more stubborn dirt, a mop and some water will do. If you should use a cleaning product, use those with non-abrasive ingredients. Using soap, detergent, or a chemical-based cleaning solution could weaken the microtopping and cause damage.
How Much Does Microtopping Cost?
There is no fixed rate for a Microtopping since the price may vary depending on the following:
- The special effects requested by the owner
- The location of the project
- The size of the concrete space
- The level of surface preparation needed and if repairs are necessary
Get an Accurate Microtopping Quote. Call (786) 899-2146 for a FREE On-site Inspection.
When old concrete floors get old and ugly, removing it and replacing it with a new pour is not the practical thing to do. Miami Concrete Artisans offer microtopping to restore old concrete and to revamp both its form and function. We are a leading decorative concrete company that specializes in decorative concrete solutions for concrete spaces in Miami, FL.
Call us today for an on-site inspection and an accurate quote, all free of charge.